Monday, October 7, 2013

Spare Me


Spare me,
A penny; begs the human being,
Who life has kicked to the gutter.
As you pass by aloof…
And under your breath
A curse mutter.

Spare me,
Cries the little girl as the being
She understood protects her
Acts not as a human being
As her innocence…
Is shattered.

Spare me,
If not for me for the one within
Begs the soon-to-be mother
Even as the darkness gathers
After the air by a boom…
Is shattered.

Spare me,
Cries the old woman
As they slowly advance towards her.
Brandishing their pangas
Short sleeved or a long sleeve…
They ask in laughter.

Spare me,
I’m too young to take a life or be a soldier.
Why do I have to fight…
For something I do not believe in.
I want to learn to use a pen not a gun
And play, not rape, for fun.

Spare me,
I got mouth to feed
And others that rely on me
Someone and places to be.
People and dreams coming true
To see.

Spare me,
Not with gold nor with silver.
Neither with time nor with love.
Spare me but a thought:
What would you want me to do…
If I were you and you were me?

2 comments: